2017 IARP Student Award Application
Click here to download the PDF
Criteria for Applying
- IARP will provide financial awards to help further the education of graduate or doctoral students who have demonstrated excellence in the field of rehabilitation counseling and working with people with disabilities.
- Applicants must be a college graduate or a doctoral student majoring in Rehabilitation Counseling who demonstrates a commitment to working in this field.
- Students are required to write a 300-500 word essay about the reason a degree in rehabilitation counseling is being pursued, future career goals, plans for current or future involvement in IARP, and/or how earning this award will help them. (Specifically address information regarding personal, employment, school, and/or community experiences working with people with disabilities.)
- GPA and financial need are not determining factors in the selection process.
Applications are attached and available online at the IARP Illinois website (www.rehabpro.org/chapters/illinois)
Applications must be emailed to the scholarship chairperson by July 1, 2017, Contact Lisa Byrne at (630) 202-7907 or Lisa.Byrne@theevalcenter.org with any questions.
A committee will review and evaluate all applications and determine the scholarship/award recipients through a blind selection process. The IARP Illinois Chapter Student Scholarship will be awarded at the annual seminar on September 14, 2016.
Thank you for applying for the 2017 IARP Student Award! Good luck!
Instructions and Guidelines
Please read the following instructions/guidelines carefully. Applications must be emailed by July 1, 2017. There are no exceptions or extensions allowed.
- Fill out the Application Form This will be the only form that will have your name on it.
- Submit an Experiential Resume. List your community, school involvement, relevant work experience, volunteer activities, etc. Do not put your name on this Experiential Resume.
- Include a 300 to 500-word essay on the topics listed. The essay must be typed in Ariel Font with a size of 12, double-spaced with 1.5-inch margins. Do not put your name on this essay.
- Return the completed items above, emailed as separate attachments by July 1, 2017, to Lisa.Byrne@theevalcenter.org.