Welcome to the IARP’s new section, Vocational Rehabilitation Transition Services. This new section is devoted to providing quality vocational rehabilitation services for students and quality vocational rehabilitation support services for other entities that serve students. The IARP board established this section in June 2015 and the section is now open for IARP members to join.
The IARP Vocational Rehabilitation Transition Services section members compose of vocational rehabilitation professionals providing vocational rehabilitation related services to students, schools, parents, and advocates. They may work in a variety of settings including private rehabilitation, schools, law firms, advocacy organizations, health care, as well as public sector rehabilitation.
As the Vocational Rehabilitation Transition Services section evolves, the section will focus on:
- Developing vocational rehabilitation practice standards for assessing and providing services to special education students as well as other youth
- Advocating for vocational rehabilitation services for special education students and other youth
- Promoting the use of qualified vocational rehabilitation professionals to serve special education students and other youth
- Training related to providing vocational rehabilitation services for transition students and other youth
- Building a resource library specific to assessing and providing services to special education students and other youth
- Developing a working relationship with other professional organizations related to transitioning students from school to adult life
The IARP Vocational Rehabilitation Transition Services section has a discussion board and section members can participate in discussions with other vocational rehabilitation professionals providing transition services to special education students, and services to other youth. The discussion board provides the opportunity to network with other professionals providing transition services for sharing information and resources.
Membership in the IARP Vocational Rehabilitation Transition Services section provides its members with opportunities for professional growth, and the forum for developing best practices and sharing information so that its members can provide the best possible transition services for special education students and other youth.