June 10, 2020
Noon. Eastern Time
Register for 3 (discount) Register for June
BLS Resources for Vocational Rehabilitation: The Occupational Requirements Survey
Bruce Bergman, Regional Economist, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, New York – New Jersey Information Office
Bruce works in the BLS New York City Information Office, where he assists the public with obtaining and understanding data on jobs, pay, and working conditions in New York and New Jersey. Earlier in his career, he worked in the BLS national office, where he helped produce compensation and safety statistics.
- Where to go for more information
- What is the BLS Occupational Requirements Survey (ORS)?
- Background: Job leveling in the BLS National Compensation Survey
- How ORS is collected
- How jobs are classified for ORS
- The 4 requirements described by ORS
- Categories and estimates related to each requirement.
- Finding and using ORS data
- Accessing other publications and supplemental materials, including fact sheets
- Changes from 2018 to 2019
- Future plans
- Tips for working with the ORS dataset in MS Excel
- A live walkthrough screen-share on how to obtain data