“NAVIGATING THE ROAD TO EXCELLENCE IN REHABILITATION”
SEPTEMBER 19, 2019, Northern Illinois University, Naperville, IL
IARP-IL Chapter Members: $100 (until 9/5/2019); $125 (after 9/5/2019)
Non Members: $130 (until 9/5/2019); $150 (after 9/5/2019)
Students: No Charge (registration is required)
Register Online or Download PDF
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Registration, Continental Breakfast, Passport CRC Credits, Exhibitors
9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., Auditorium
- Welcome Remarks, Matt Sprong, PhD, CRC, CLCP, LCPC, CADC
- Presentation of Illinois Lifetime Achievement Award, Mike Mooney, MS, CRC, LCPC, ABVE/D, Chairperson Lifetime Achievement Award Committee
9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., Auditorium
- PANEL DISCUSSION – “Evaluation & Testing in Vocational Rehabilitation.”
- Lisa Byrne, MA, CRC, CLCP, PVE
- Steve Blumenthal, MS, CRC, CVE, LCPC
- Debbie Gordon, MS, CRC, LCPC, CCM
- Elizabeth Watson, MS, CRC, CCM, LCPC, CBIS
10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Break, Networking, Exhibitor Viewing
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Auditorium
- “Illinois Workers’ Compensation Law – How It Impacts Vocational Rehabilitation” – Michael J. Brennan, BS, JD, Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission Chairperson
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Lunch, Networking, Exhibitor Viewing
1:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m., Auditorium
- “Ethical Considerations – Providing Vocational Services to Individuals Who Have Experienced a Disruptive Event or Trauma” – Anne Rappaport, MA/CAGS, CRC, LPC
2:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Break, Networking, Exhibitor Viewing
3:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Auditorium
- “The ABC’s of Ethics – From Twitter to Trial Testimony”
- Patricia Cline, LCSW, CCM, CL, NCG, CP, ASWC
- Jennifer Axelson, LSCW, CCM, MSCC, CLCP
- Kathleen Mueller, MA, CRC, LCPC, CEAS
3:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m., Meeting Room
- “Careers in Public and Private Rehabilitation: Similarities and Differences” – Pete Hardy III, MA, CRC, CLCP, LCP, CADC
Jennifer Axelson, LSCW, CCM, MSCC, CLCP, Lifecare Innovations, Burr Ridge, IL
15 years’ experience / Provides expert services for attorneys, fiduciaries, & multiple IL country courts
Steve Blumenthal, MS, CRC, CVE, LCPC
Over 39 years’ experience / In private practice since 2002 / Provides expert testimony for the IL Workers’ Compensation Commission & personal injury cases in federal & state courts
Lisa Byrne, MA, CRC, CLCP, PVE
Providing vocational evaluation services since1997. President of The Eval Center, in Westchester, IL
Debbie Gordon, MS, CRC, LCPC, CCM
Conducting vocational evaluation since 1984 / Works at Vocational Testing, Oakbrook, IL / Qualified vocational expert in several Illinois courts, & provides litigation support in civil matters.
Elizabeth Watson, MS, CRC, CCM, LCPC, CBIS
Rehabilitation counselor since 1985 / In private practice in 2006 / Adjunct rehabilitation faculty at Northeastern IL University.
Michael J. Brennan, BS, JD, Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission Chairperson
Appointed Chairman of the Illinois Workers Compensation Commission March 15, 2019 & 2013-2017. Preeminent AV-rated attorney litigating the Illinois Appellate & Supreme Courts.
Patricia Cline, LCSW, CCM, CL, NCG, CP, ASWC, Lifecare Innovations, Burr Ridge, IL
Over 25 years’ experience / Serves on Illinois Guardianship Association & Aging Life Care Association / Testified in multiple Illinois county & federal courts & other state courts.
Pete Hardy, M.A., C.R.C., L.C.P.C., C.A.D.C., Department of Veterans Affairs, Chicago, IL
Over 11 years’ experience in both private and public sector rehabilitation / Holds 4 certifications / Recently opened his own private practice.
Kathleen Mueller, MA, CRC, LCPC, CEAS
Over 15 years’ experience with injured workers, employers, insurance companies, and private sector agencies, testifying before the IL Workers’ Compensation Industrial Commission and in LTD, marital dissolution, SSDI and federal cases.
Anne Rappaport, MA/CAGS, CRC, LPC, Independent Consultant/Therapist/Case Manager
LCPC volunteer, subcontracted responder, Critical Incident Responder since 2001 / Critical incident trainer / Works with first responders / Expertise in ethics in working with those disabled in disasters or disruptive events.