Job Location:Tumwater, WA
Company: Washington State Department of Labor & Industries
Job Summary: This is your opportunity to be part of exciting and important changes in how L&I, in partnership with private vocational providers, help injured workers heal and return to work.
The Private Sector Rehabilitation Services (PSRS) Supervisor leads a team of professional vocational staff whose job is to ensure that the highest quality vocational services are provided to injured workers and employers. There is a new focus to our quality assurance efforts, one that emphasizes the public/private partnership, education and collaboration. You can be part of creating this new approach!
Here is some of what you will do as the PSRS Supervisor
Supervise a unit of Vocational Services Specialists; lead, guide and support their success in carrying out their work activities to meet department goals and objectives.
Develop and implement strategies to create a culture focused on vocational recovery that engages all parties in preventing long term disability. You will participate in and/or lead the planning of new approaches and processes to monitor and improve the quality of vocational services. This may include, but is not limited to:
• Evaluate and improve criteria for becoming and remaining a vocational provider,
• Develop risk models to monitor vocational provider performance and that can identify trends and opportunities at the system, firm and individual levels using data, feedback and other information sources.
• Develop consultation, education, mentoring and escalation processes that support providers in doing the right thing and, respectfully and effectively addresses intentional noncompliance
• Build and maintain supplier relationships by working directly with the principals of vocational firms to support their operational success and engage them in improving their service quality.
• Understand and use Lean philosophy and tools to encourage a culture of effective problem solving, continuous improvement and standard work and integrate effective change management principles in all project planning and communication.
• Work with other department units and programs to share information and coordinate efforts
The position requires Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), or American Board of Vocational Experts (ABVE) with required relevant industrial insurance experience
Knowledge of and ability to interpret Washington State laws, rules and policies regarding vocational rehabilitation services
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following traits
• Build relationships: employ expertise, credibility and partnering to help our supplier partners identify, evaluate, monitor, resolve and prevent issues, with the goal of meeting system objectives
• Use and present data for analytical and planning purposes
• Resolve conflicts with tact and diplomacy
• Be willing to learn, and support staff in learning, new ways of achieving objectives
• Apply analytical reasoning skills to make efficient, effective, and timely decisions
• Work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
• Prioritize, multi-task and manage time effectively
• Write clear and objective reports and documents
Knowledge of and experience in:
Best practices in supply chain management
Leadership and supervision
Change management principles
The benefits for working for Labor & Industries
As a full-time State employee you accrue vacation (12-22 days per year) and sick leave (1 day per month). Full-time employees are entitled to 11 paid holidays. You and your family members are covered by medical (including vision), dental and basic life insurance. As a new employee you will have the option of two employer contributed retirement programs to enroll in.
Add this to the fact that you will be working for the premier State Agency in Washington; which keeps Washington safe and working.
The hiring manager is requesting that you attach the following to your electronic application
• A Letter of Interest describing how you meet the required and desired qualifications for this position.
Click Here to Apply